Saturday, January 7, 2012

Zumba

     Happy 2012! I was hoping to wake up in January discovering I suddenly realized I absolutely loved exercising. My hopes were dashed but I expected them to be. I have taken a two week leave of absence from the gym. That does not mean I stopped exercising. I began using Gold's Gym boxing for the wii. It is a tough workout but short. I like it because it does help me deal with some anger issues. Santa also brought my daughter Lauren a few different dance party type games for the wii. We have played the Michael Jackson experience and it was fun. Today we popped in Zumba. Zumba is not for sissies. Nor is it for anyone who is remotely self conscious. I am sure I looked like a lunatic actually I know I did because Lauren told me. The cats were laughing at us too! Was it fun?  Well it was not boring and I am not very coordinated so the steps were not easy for me but since both my daughter and I are competitive and we can laugh at ourselves I guess it was fun. I beat her score by 7 points!!!!! Not bad at all.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I think it's awesome that you are up and moving. That's what counts. I would love to get a Wii for that very reason. I can't join a gym at this point. But would love to be able to do a Wii program at home. My daughter has a Wii and does all kinds of exercise programs with it and other things. Maybe on this years list of things to get.

    ReplyDelete